Friday 5 July 2024

The Mind Cupboard





 Dear Reader,


It seems from the figures I can get from round the world that some of you are missing this poem.

So here it is again.


The Mind Cupboard
 
 
My mind cupboard overflows
with unwanted debris.
It needs a spring clean.
 
I will brush away the cobwebs
of cheerless thoughts.
Scrub out the stains of childhood.
 
I will replace the brass hooks
corroded with salt tears,
empty all the screams
hoarded through the years.
 
I will replace the accumulated ashes
from the worn shelf-paper,
with virgin tissue.
 
I will chase and catch the wasps,
relieve them of their stings.
I will refill this cupboard
with love, and learnt, brighter things.
 
                                                                                        *
 
 
I hope this is what you wanted.

With very best wishes, Patricia


No comments:

Post a Comment