Sunday 24 March 2024

Catherine, Your Royal Highness



 Dear Reader,

I didn't know that I was going to cry when I heard about Catherine's cancer. But I did.  It is just so awful.  How unfair it is that someone so good, so brave, could be struck down with this ghastly disease.  I always thought that the expression 'unfair' was ridiculous. Of course things are unfair from the day you are born. And the Royal family has had much unfairness in the last two months.  I have had cancer twice, one breast cancer and the other lung cancer and have survived which I'm certain Catherine will do after treatment.  

I wrote the following poem as soon as I heard the news.  It is not my best work but the best I can do in such a short time.

                                                                              *

 

Catherine,

Your Royal Highness

 

You give so much

always smiling

always having a go

cheering all who meet you

winning hearts wherever you tread

 

You are mother earth

a natural divine creation

your children marked

with royal blood

we wish you well again

and you will be

 

Catherine,

your Royal Highness

elegant, brave, beautiful

kind strong and good

We applaud, respect and love you.

God speed and may

the west wind embrace you.

 

                                                                        *

From Francis Kilvert  1872  March 24th in Radnorshire

'A snowy Palm Sunday.  Snow on the Psalms....I saw what I thought was along dazzling white and golden cloud up in the sky.  Suddenly I found that I had been gazing at the great snow slopes of the Black Mountain lit up by the setting sun and looking through the dark storm clouds.'

 

From John Ruskin  1886 March 27th in Lancashire

'Softest quiet poised clouds, calm lake in sunshine the sound of streams from hills, and the sense of peaceful power in all things.'

                                                                         *


With very best wishes, Patricia


No comments:

Post a Comment